Saturday, May 09, 2009

STAR TREK at IMAX

Firstly, please see theDiscourser.blogspot.com for his description of the events and his take on the movie. Well said indeed.

As for me and my review of the Movie; my personal psychology won't permit me to be entirely or completely invested in one particular side or position in most issues in life...and I'm referring to whether "STAR TREK" rocked or sucked. I'm too much able to appreciate other various points of view....and perhaps this "Ability" has more to do with it being a necessity in my career (an appreciation and empathy for client's personal realities however strange or psychotic or nonsensical or juvenile or perverted or psychopathic it might be).

So to channel the purists, I will acknowledge errors in continuity. Furthermore, there were errors in the internal continuity within the film, errors even within the "sci-fi" science realm, ie. I will accept that in the Star Trek Universe, there exists a mysterious liquid that can create quantum singularities. However, I can't accept that their black holes are different than um...okay...even as I'm writing, I'm realizing how utterly geeky I am.

In any case, I can go on a bit about the things I didn't like in the film, but please don't think that this suggests that I didn't like Star Trek. Nay, you would be incorrect. Lets just say, as theDiscourser so aptly decribes, my Face has been Ripped Off my skull. The only difference might be that theDiscoursers face was on the floor of the theatre; it's torn connective tissues mingling with fake butter dribbles and squished bubble-gum. My face, on the other-hand, is still hanging on by some muscle threads at the base of my chin. I'm frantically attempting to keep it from tearing off entirely.

So in a nutshell: Star Trek ROCKED. Completely and utterly exceeded all my expectations. I cheered and pumped my fists and simply didn't care about all the little errors and cinematic foibles. I was too deeply in goober-heaven to care.

2 Comments:

Blogger FocusedConfusion said...

Hey man, I dont usually read these things but I looked up engine code P1347 and got your page. I have an Audi A6 and received this code as well as almost all cylinder misfire codes. What did you do with the P1347 code? How did you fix it? I called this Audi mechanic and he tells me its an electrical problem on the camshaft. I guess its off a few degrees but I dont know how the hell this could have happened. I powerwashed the engine bay yesterday and now my car is all screwed up. Let me know if you get a chance.

7:07 AM  
Blogger supergoober said...

Hi Focused! I don't know how to email you directly so I hope this note finds you.

Re. P1347, that had to do with the "Camshaft position sensor". These problems usually occur after a timing belt R&R. The problem with mine was that it had a ton of gunk on it and was pinging implausible data to the ECU. It had also, for some crazy reason, readjusted itself (ie. spun on its thread). Simple fix really, once you know what and where it is. I had my mechanic do it for me considering he charged only an hour of labor to fix it. He pulled out the sensor, cleaned it up, and replaced it...fixed!

Unfortunately, the other problem (and hope this isn't the issue) is the timing chain. Not good...but then again, not bad really. This is the worst case scenario. You'll need to readjust the timing chain if this happened.

As for power-washing the engine bay, I've heard that the 2.7T really hates any moisture in and around the motor...it's all the damn sensors. I'd pull the cam-shaft position sensor and clean it first, then see if you still see the error code.

Good Luck!!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home