Friday, April 17, 2009

Thunderhill Update:

So I can't say it better than thePerfectLine so here is a link to his blog. He even uploaded VIDEO! Amazing stuff. The last video is nearly 20 minutes long...the entire length of session five. Bear in mind, there is some swearing, but damn, it's a great learning tool for me.

http://theperfectlinecar.blogspot.com/

In any case, I drove a 2:16.100! I was shooting for a 2:18 and would have been happy with that time, which is one second slower than an BMW M-Roadster, 986 Boxter S, and S2000 (see www.fastestlaps.com). I was soo pleased with myself. But you have to understand; thePerfectLine got in my car and pussyfooted a very tentative 2:16 and 2:17 time with just 2 hot laps. I watched his video and there was absolutely NO DRAMA in the cabin; no sawing at the wheel, no blatant oversteer or understeer...very clean and smooth. My lap was far from that; high drama, squirrelly at several places, and jarring braking. I figure if thePerfectLine had a whole day (as in 5 sessions) in my car, he could pull a 2:10 easily by the end of the day.

Here are some shots of the car on track:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home