Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cars again?

Please don't think that there is nothing else going on in my life but cars. It's just that my blog makes it appear that way. Most of the time I don't like to talk about my work, primarily because I work hard to leave work at "work". I have some pretty strong boundaries and so do most of my colleagues. As far as I know, not ONE of the some thirty of us that make up our particular office have anything other than work relationships; no outside get-togethers, no hangin out on the weekend, no going out to a game, no dinner and drinks after work on Friday, ZIP, NADA, ZERO....and I believe we all prefer it this way. I think this is what happens when you work with a bunch of psychologists, clinical social workers, therapists, and psychiatrists...perhaps we do it to compartmentalize the work so it becomes more tolerable, less aggravating, and less powerful a force in our lives. I'd like to think of it as balance or homeostasis.

But please, make no mistake though, I love reading my fellow blogger's work-site tales. Perhaps because they seem soo much more interesting and entertaining than mine. To come to think of it, if I actually talked about the individual client's I work with, it would probably depress you or anger you. So I think I'll avoid talking about them.

Anywayz, back to cars. The EVO is almost ready for her first track weekend at Thunderhill. Rave-boy, his partner, and thePerfectLine will be at attendance as well. I can't even tell you how excited I am about taking her on the track for the first time. I'm most certainly taking it slow for the first couple sessions and slowly adding more aggression over the weekend.

So here are some new shot of the car all tricked out....I LOVE IT!






3 Comments:

Blogger Steve T. said...

If I remember correctly, there are legal reasons why you can't talk about your job/clients....it could get you fired. As for the car; she's sweet looking!

9:36 AM  
Blogger supergoober said...

That too! One reason why I remain anonymous on my blog.

10:31 AM  
Blogger ThePerfectLine said...

Looks good my man.

I love it, "you are going to take it slow the first few sessions". If there is any car you can take out of the box and just hammer on , this it. Its almost a travesty to just piddle around the track in it.

I can't wait to drive it. I'll still stay within my comfort zone, but I have a feeling it will still be the fastest laps I have ever turned at Thunderhill!

Shit man, you have me seriously considering buying one, especially if I can find a brand new one just like yours for $26k!

Partially I want to buy one, leave it bone stock except for a tune and cat back exhaust and then want to take it on the track and learn the REAL limits of the car and show you what a set of stock suspension parts can do!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home