Monday, April 20, 2009

The Craftsman's progeny's Birthday.

He turned ONE last weekend and I attended his Birthday gathering. The Acupunturist and theDiscourser attended as well. Boy, did I feel completely out of place. Couples with little children running around all over the place. I would have felt a little less uncomfortable if I had my wife with me but unfortunately she didn't return from Oaxaca until that evening. I think the Acupunturist felt even more out of place...poor guy. In any case, the party was fantastic and we had a great time: the Craftsman's new front lawn/deck/planter box looked AWESOME, and best yet, there was alot of food.

I eat alot, as all of you know. That night, I swung by theProf's home for some L5R gaming: the Acupunturist, Rave-Boy, and NTT's Brain attended. TheProf's said something to me that I took to heart. It was regarding the RICE. You see, I eat alot of RICE...and when there isn't enough, I get angry. C'mon, rice is like five cents a cup and whenever we cook rice it always seems we never make enough! My goodness, if I'm there, just go ahead and make 20 cups and we'll be good for a couple of hours. In any case, the Prof told me "You have to learn how to share the rice.", and I suppose he's right. I can't claim the whole tub as my own, particulary if I'm at someone else's home. This almost childish lesson truly speaks to my near Neanderthal position with regards to this particular staple...and you can include SPAM into the mix, which is why it was pure Heaven when I arrived at the Warden's house to see a dozen cans stacked next to his fridge at our last CorpCon.

But I have to say, theProf's new downstairs ROCKS; a huge projector screen, surround sound, a PS-3, a fridge, freezer, and a RICE-COOKER...just perfect. L5R gaming was great. My high-power character, Tsuruchi Kasena, is struggling to maintain his sanity. I've gone back and forth re. what I'd like to do with him: take the honorable route vs. becoming an all out villain. I've decided (at least for now) to take the honorable route and try my best to follow the Code of Bushido. It's been difficult to get into the Rokugan mindset re. soul and sword. My guy is all about duty and acclaim, issues I can wrap my head around. Start talking about ancestor and honor, I'm a few steps behind. Rave-boy has been playing this game really well and I'm quite impressed with how he's been able to translate the Samurai psychology.

About my car and driving; thanks to thePerfectLine and his uploaded vids. I've watched it 10 times now and I'm jonesin to return to T-hill to continue my work. I'm actually at a point where MORE POWER is no longer my first (or even second) priority. I'd like the car to stop even more viciously and looking at some future options. Going for a full R-comp with tires are definitely in the future...as soon as I scrub through my stock Yokohama Advan A13 C's. I'm looking at my schedule over the next few months and plan to get a couple of track days in during that time.

I'm eating Popeye's chicken as I type and will need to head back outside where it feels like the surface of Mercury...I'm sweating through my shirt and I'll have to put up with it for a couple more hours...yuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home