Tuesday, September 29, 2009

End of the month update:

I have had absolutely NO desire to blog as of late...but decided to bust out an entry just to get caught up.

1. I love my new car....love with a little "L", not like the big "L" with the EVO. In any case, the CIVIC SI is amazing. Its comfortable, quiet, and unassuming. It has remarkable handling, a ridiculously high revving motor (the legendary K20 I-Vtec), and a hyper precise steering rack. It has a massive sound system (the best in any car I've ever owned by far), and equipped with the greatest invention since sliced bread; on board integrated voice controlled GPS.

I actually enjoy driving this car to work. It doesn't destroy my back, hurt my ears, or gulp down gas. The clutch is soooo soooo smooth and the shifter is both precise and effortless...you can literally shift it with just the tip of your pinkie!

2. I sold the EVO X to my body shop buddy. Saw it for the last time (I think) last week.

3. Dealing with some crazy-ass mayhem with clients and facilities at work....and I don't want to write about it. Doing that will only make my head hurt.

4. Gamed a couple of times since my last entry.

5. ThePerfectLine came up to pick up a bunch of stuff from various GOG homes to take back down to his new home in LA. I drove down with him, helped him unpack, and flew up to Oakland Monday morning in time to get to work.

We stopped by Buttonwillow Raceway to see a buddy of ours. I brought my helmet just in case I managed to finagle a ride-along. I saw four tricked out EVO X's and it made me sad and wanting. All of that changed after I got in a ride in a CIVIC SI. I spotted it across the paddock area, a white sedan, same exact car as mine. Of course it was modified, but just barely. He had Enkei RPF1's wrapped in NT01's, mono-block calipers, Bride seats, and a four-point. The driver was an instructor in the most advanced run group. I started a conversation and requested a ride...he said YES.

I literally closed my eyes during most of the first lap. I've never been to Buttonwillow and had NO CLUE how the course ran turn by turn...add the fact that Buttonwillow has multiple configurations and the course looked even more confusing. In any case, the SI blew my mind!! I can't believe how well this car handled and how planted, controllable, and poised the car is at the limit. I'm sure alot of it has to do with the Civic running R-comps and the driver being very skilled, but it left me giddy and awestruck.

So in the end, I am actually looking forward to tracking the SI. It will be a riot to have cars with twice the horsepower looking at their rear view mirror and giving a Point-by to a Civic Sedan!

6. Been rock-climbing regularly at Planet Granite with NTT's Brain. I went for the first time just to check it out. By the end of that hour, I was addicted. One downside: your forearms and hands are completely destroyed for several days after each climbing session.

Last week, Rave-boy accompanied us and we both went way way past the point of sanity. Our bodies screamed "ENOUGH" but our Wills pushed us to climb one more time...then one more time again...then again, and again. The next day, I didn't have the strength to squeeze tooth-paste onto my tooth brush.

But damn, rock-climbing is loads of fun...and a hell of a work-out to boot.

7. There is no seven because I gotta get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home